I have a somewhat endearing (at least in my eyes) habit. I collect crafts. I love ALL things crafty and really do not have enough free time to complete all the projects I would like to. I am trying to be a more financially responsible crafter in 2015 so I have committed to not starting any new projects and actually finishing the ones I have begun. (this has sort of worked…I cannot tell a lie–I have bought some more scrapbooking items, but really, they are for ALL ongoing scrapbook projects so that doesn’t count!)
I have made a list so hopefully by December I can cross off some more completed projects (leaving time for me to start various new projects)
- T-Shirt quilt–this was started when I was pregnant, recently brought out again at my Mum’s house. Status: needs backing, and binding
- My bridal shower quilt. Guests all brought purple fabric and I am going to make a lap quilt out of this. Status: pattern bought, squares have been cut out, need to assemble the top, then purchase fabric for the back and binding
- Garret’s hat…I started knitting this after finishing one in February. Currently the ribbing and half of the hat has been knit. Need to get back at this…current status: on needles in a bag at work
- Cross stitch for a friend. Found an adorable pattern several years ago that I started making on a whim for a friend. Got put away in cupboard and forgotten about. Status: needs outline stitching then is complete….could do in a night!
- 2014 Project Life album. Status: nearly complete. Have sticky notes in it currently re what photos and notes need to be added to be completed. Again, could do this in an evening
- 2015 Project Life album. This will be ongoing as it is every year. Currently 3 months behind. Recently had some photos printed so I just need to spend some time playing with it.
- Zoë’s baby book….ok ok, this might be a little behind. This is to highlight her first year and milestones and yeah she may be turning two in 4 months but I still have time to finish this in a timely manner….preferably before I have another baby…so lots of time! Status: have notes on what pics to print and where things are that must be included…again just need to spend some time on it
- Wedding album…well we are coming up to our third anniversary this fall, might be a good time to start and or dream of finishing something like that.
- I haven’t started my 2015 Week in the Life project (taking place this year in August) but that will have to be tacked on once that starts!
I think that there are likely 5-7 other ones I am forgetting…this list seems doable! ish.